02 June 2011

Au Revoir France



A millennium of sun, wind, and rain has left the neighboring castle remarkably intact.  While I was at St. Pierre I took the short hike several times.  My last trip was a particularly beautiful day, and I had the opportunity to play tour guide to the new volunteers, James and Hannah.



Sadly, my time at Ferme St. Pierre has come to an end.  Much like the perfect dessert to a long and luxurious meal, my experiences at the farm will forever be the sweetest lingering memory of my time in France.  I can't thank my hosts Berté and Carina enough for the opportunity and openness they've shared with me.  I'm starting on my tour of central Europe, and for essentially the first time, traveling through countries where I don't have even a smattering of the language.  I plan on seeking out Spanish and French speakers. 

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear you will be leaving France and your host family. It sounds like your time there has been wonderful. But, new and exciting opportunities as you start to travel. Have fun!
    Liz T.

    ReplyDelete