13 March 2011

Le Tour



The Eiffel Tower is according to wiki, the most visited paid monument in the world.  I understand the appeal.  I wish I had made it for the last light and sunset, but the view at night was surely more wonderful than either of those.  For those confused, the blue beams in the sky are the spotlight trekking across.  I took the pictures in series and stitched them together.

The wind blows quite cold 1000' up at the beginning of March, so if you're going, wear long underwear!

Here's a bit of the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. It's beautiful, amazing, magical at night... the view is something I will try to hold onto. In person it looked more orangish than yellow. My camera did the same thing.

    I didn't bring long underwear so I didn't dare venture up the beast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video didn't seem to load. I'd love to see it- load it again maybe? Have fun traveling!- Liz

    ReplyDelete